What Can I Do in Groups
Joining, creating, and participating in groups with other members is now part of the yearly/monthly subscriptions. A huge benefit to being subscription-based is trust and safety.
Groups now (as of May 2022) have a top-level category of general, regional, lifestyle, professional, women only, men only, transgender, and gender-queer
Open – group and content visible to all site members – anyone can join
Closed – group visible to all – must be accepted – content visible to only group members
Secret – group and content only visible to group members – must be invited
Regional – City, Region of a city, County, State, Provance, State, Country
Professional – Legal, Human Resources, Entrepreneurship, Leadership, College, Students, STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Math), Real Estate, Writing, Journalism, professional associations, professional networking, etc.
Life-Style – Sports, Gardening, Cooking, Nightlife, Yoga, etc.
Brands - Be it a person, business, organization, non-profit, politician, or NGO create a group about you, your entity. Consider becoming an OutBüro affiliate/influencer promoting OutBuro.com to your friends, followers, members, audience, customers, clients, guests, and constituents. OutBüro is for the full LGBTQ+ global community and cool people/entities/organizations.
General – Mental Well Being, Coming Out, Law of Attraction, Caregiving, Brands/Businesses/Organizations, Philosophy, Family, History, Nutrition, CBD, Reading, POZ, QPOC, Pride Event Organizations, etc.
Gender Queer – All groups with a focus on genderqueer, gender-fluid, non-binary, personal connections, etc.
Men – all groups with a focus on topics and interests of self-identifying men, personal connections, etc.
Women – All groups with a focus on topics and interests of self-identifying women, personal connections, etc.
Transgender – All groups with a focus on topics and interests of self-identifying transgender persons, personal connections, etc.
Group Features Overview
- Search for groups you may be interested in
- Interact with other members with similar interests
- Join groups
- Create groups as the owner/admin
- Be invited to be a group moderator
- Invite others to join the group
- Search and connect/friend other members of groups
- Post content and images in groups
- Post video, audio, and share live streams from other platforms
- Create and share polls
- Comment and react (like, love, applaud, etc.)
- Tag other group members in posts
- Add hashtags to postings
- Save postings
- Sort postings
- Search postings
- Set your group notification preferences
As a group owner/admin/ moderator you'll be able to:
- Set the direction and tone of the group
- Establish the group branding/identity - group name, description, avatar, and cover image
- Set the group visibility to open, closed, or private (secrete)
- Invite others to the group
- If a closed group approve or reject requests to join
- Remove group members
- Block members
- Moderate group content
- Message group members - even if not direct friends
Subscription Required - Note that if you happen to have a free account due to being a member of the site prior to May 2022, your free member account is limited to site articles and 7 restricted page views a month. Restricted pages include profiles. Therefore to get the most out of your profile, the site, its community, groups, and interactions with other members we would love to have you become a yearly/monthly subscriber. Check out the Embracing Change article for an overview of what's new.